Ottawa Public Well being studies a big spike in optimistic assessments for influenza within the metropolis.
Flu information confirmed a optimistic take a look at price of 23.4 % for the week of November 13 to 19 out of 688 assessments, up from 10.9 % for the week of November 6 to 12 out of 625 assessments and 9.4 % the earlier week out of 544 assessments. In response to OPH information exhibiting the common of the final three years, the optimistic stage of flu assessments peaked in early February at round 9.5 %.
There have been 123 laboratory-confirmed instances of influenza in Ottawa to this point this flu season, together with 51 instances reported Nov. 13 to 19, up from 25 for the week of Nov. 6 to 12.
Of all of the instances reported to this point, 13 % are in youngsters beneath 5, 21 % are in individuals 5 to 19, 38 % are in adults 20 to 64 and 28 % are in individuals 65 and older. The vast majority of instances are Influenza A.
“To regulate each COVID-19 and influenza and maintain our communities protected, we ask that every one residents proceed to observe public well being measures,” Ottawa Public Well being stated.
- 1 within the hospital
- 1 in a retirement house
A full record of areas with lively outbreaks is offered on the OPH outbreak dashboard.
TWO COVID-19 DEATHS IN OTTAWA DURING THE WEEK
OPH additionally reported two new COVID-19 deaths within the metropolis over the weekend.
Thus far, 963 individuals in Ottawa have died from COVID-19, with 383 COVID-19 deaths reported this 12 months.
Hospitalizations as a consequence of COVID-19 are lowering, with OPH reporting 11 residents hospitalized as a consequence of lively COVID-19 an infection, down from 36 final Tuesday.
OPH’s hospitalization figures solely symbolize Ottawa residents who’re in hospital as a consequence of lively instances of COVID-19. Native hospitals reported greater numbers, together with sufferers admitted for causes aside from COVID-19 however who examined optimistic and sufferers who weren’t from Ottawa.
- Ottawa Hospital: 66 sufferers
- Queensway Carleton Hospital: 5 sufferers
- Montfort Hospital: 19 sufferers (as of Nov 18)
- CHEO: Three sufferers
The COVID-19 wastewater sign has additionally decreased.
The COVID-19 wastewater sign has decreased. (613covid.ca/wastewater)
OTTAWA’S KEY COVID-19 STATISTICS
- COVID-19 instances per 100,000 (Nov 14-20): 23.9
- Common seven-day optimistic price within the Ottawa neighborhood, together with long-term care: 14.6 %
- Recognized lively instances: 302
COVID-19 VACCINE IN OTTAWA
Up to date Nov 14.
- Ottawa residents with 1 dose (5+): 923,306
- Ottawa residents with 2 doses (5+): 890,630
- Ottawa residents with 3 doses (5+): 606,755
- Ottawa residents with 4 doses (12+): 283,320
- Proportion of inhabitants 5 years and older with not less than one dose: 93 %
- Proportion of inhabitants 5 years and older with not less than two doses: 90 %
- Proportion of inhabitants 5 years and older with not less than three doses: 61 %
- Share of inhabitants 12 and older with not less than 4 doses: 31 %
*Statistics on Ottawa residents with a number of doses embrace anybody with an Ottawa zip code who has been vaccinated wherever in Ontario.
AROUND THE REGION
- Jap Ontario Well being Unit: 12 in hospital, 2 in ICU
- Hastings Prince Edward Public Well being: 7 in hospital, 2 in ICU (Up to date Tuesday solely)
- Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Public Well being: 31 in hospital, 4 in ICU (Up to date Tuesday solely)
- Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Well being Unit: 9 in hospital, 1 in ICU (Up to date on Tuesday)
- Renfrew County and District Well being Unit: 3 in hospital, 0 in ICU (Up to date on Thursday)
- Outaouais (Gatineau and western Quebec): 71 in hospital, 0 in ICU
Ottawa Public Well being is reporting lively outbreaks within the following areas
- 11 within the hospital
- 6 in a long-term care house
- 10 in a retirement house
- 1 in a bunch house
- 1 on the shelter
A full record of areas with lively outbreaks is offered on OPH’s COVID-19 outbreak dashboard.